The daily chronicle of my family as we embark on our quest to relocate from New York to Cairo... the impending journey to get there and the daily lives of myself, my husband and our four children... and other random thoughts while living in Cairo!

Looking to make contact with other Muslimahs who are like myself with small children living or will be living in a foreign country.

I invite you to share the experience with us as we try to make this happen!

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Randoms thoughts on living life







Oh, I'm in a reflective mode right now so I thought I'd share some quotes from random authors on living life:

Life is like a taxi. The meter just keeps a-ticking whether you are getting somewhere or just standing still.

Life is a grindstone. Whether it grinds us down or polishes us up depends on us.

We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give.

Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

In the game of life it's a good idea to have a few early losses, which relieves you of the pressure of trying to maintain an undefeated season.

In the book of life every page has two sides: we human beings fill the upper side with our plans, hopes and wishes, but providence writes on the other side, and what it ordains is seldom our goal.

Expecting life to treat you well because you are a good person is like expecting an angry bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is to enjoy it.

Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before, how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way, and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever...






No comments: