The daily chronicle of my family as we embark on our quest to relocate from New York to Cairo... the impending journey to get there and the daily lives of myself, my husband and our four children... and other random thoughts while living in Cairo!

Looking to make contact with other Muslimahs who are like myself with small children living or will be living in a foreign country.

I invite you to share the experience with us as we try to make this happen!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Random Update


Salaam Alaikum everyone... and greetings to everyone else out there in blog land. I finally had the chance to start my little private blog project... and it's almost complete. The only hold up is for some reason I can't load some pics of my brood onto the blog so as soon as I figure that out, it will be up and running..... and I mulled over more than a few names and came up with something I feel perfectly describes us: Life's Mosaic: Tales from the Noisy Kingdom.... LOL!

Oh yes, since I'm paranoid about "putting my kids out there", I did state that the blog will be private.... so those who know me well (and good enough) will receive an invite to view.... and I hope I don't offend anyone but I feel the need to protect my kids' identities....

And I mentioned few posts back about me trying to open an Islamic clothing store and the owner turned out to be a big headache so I let the 2 small stores go.... I will be posting on Facebook within the next few days the items for sale. It includes abayas, usdells (overhead or on-the-head garment), a ZILLION hijabs, Saudi and Egyptian niqabs (material is waaaay different), butterfly abayas, girl and teen prayer garments, men & boys thobes, and gloves. I have a slew of very nice bras but I don't know exactly how to handle that one.... taking pics WILL take forever... but I guess that item will get listed sometime this month.... :)

So for you ladies in the Cairo area, I will basically be having "open house" for the month of Ramadan so you can purchase direct from me.... and of course, I can ship anywhere. Please tell all the sisters you know whom might be looking for some items for Ramadan and Eid for herself, her family or gifts for the sisters!!! In with keeping everything simplistic enough, the name of the page on Facebook will be "the Barefoot Empress Boutique".......

So just in case (again) I don't make it back here, I wish all of you a very happy and healthy Ramadan.... and may Allah (SWT) accept all our prayers and duas... InshaAllah, Ameen!!! I love you all for the pleasure of Allah.... please make dua for me and my family!

7 comments:

Michelle Therese said...

prayer outfits?

Empress Anisa said...

LOL..... yeah, basically, it's a overgarment with a hijab attached. But the material is printed... some floral, some paisley and in different colrs so it's not something meant for the streets... although I do catch some of the locals sporting it outside..... lol

I should have everything up by Tuesday.... if everyone and everything cooperates in this house!

Maryam said...

Ramadan Kareem sister!

Empress Anisa said...

Umm Kadhim: <3

Hajar Alwi said...

Ramadhan mubarak sis!!! My aunt recently returned from Umrah and she bought me a flower-printed prayer outfit! It's quite different from the average white ones I normally use at home. :)

Ummu Katheer said...

as salaamualaikum, i came to ur blog thru reading umtravis blog. Im in nasr city,also saw the bath salts at global net last yr. what do u have for the sisters in the arena of intimate apparel,sleepwear,lingerie and quality underwear? can u post some pics on facebook inshaAllah. im not in rehab too often now w/ramadhan but if i pass thru can try to visit inshaAllah ,jazaakAllahu khairan

Empress Anisa said...

Hajar- I need to one for myself... the newer styles are nice and LOOKS as if it could double for something to wear outdoors but it's definitely not meant for that! :)

Ummu Katheer- Wa alaikum assalaam, sister!

Yes, I had my salts/sugar scrubs at the Net.... glad you had the opportunity to see and hopefully smell them..... Mmmm! :)

I do have a load of fancy bras and I even have some Victoria Secret bras I brought in from the States... I'm in the process of listing all the items to Facebook... it's sooo time consuming so I haven't completed everything... InshaAllah, by the weekend, the Fcaebook page should be open for purchases. Check back in around Sunday.... and thanks for your interest!