The daily chronicle of my family as we embark on our quest to relocate from New York to Cairo... the impending journey to get there and the daily lives of myself, my husband and our four children... and other random thoughts while living in Cairo!

Looking to make contact with other Muslimahs who are like myself with small children living or will be living in a foreign country.

I invite you to share the experience with us as we try to make this happen!

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Checking In.....


Greetings all...... just checking in as previously promised.....

I've been thinking about creating a private blog for my babies..... been mulling around a few thoughts about what I would want it to include- haven't narrowed it down yet. I want to make it private as I don't share much info about my brood- as I like to protect them and their identities..... the world can be a strange place and I guess I'm just a little paranoid but that's me. I can't find it within myself to put my kids names and forget about pics, out there for just anyone to look at... feels too weird.... hence the reference to their nicknames here and everywhere else I might mention them.... lol

The years fly by soooo quickly and I was thinking about how to preserve this period of their lives... to capture it for me to look at in the later years and for them as well. For them to look back on themselves growing, smiling, fighting, living in a foreign country, making new friends, traveling around Egypt and the sorts. And now, you have the cool option of turning your blog into a book.... which I feel is totally cool- just might do that.......

Anyhoo, hope everyone is getting ready for the blessed month of Ramadan!!! I'm a mixed bag of emotions as I was looking forward to being in New York, in "my" masjid with my sisters.... doing it how we would do it every year. But instead, I'm here in Cairo, with my family and praying that this year won't anything like the last Ramadan. I was confined, cooped-up and not pleased about not being able to go the masjid.... I already beat that dead horse issue here.... ain't going there again.... sigh

InshaAllah, I plan to check in again before Ramadan officially starts but if I don't make it back and/or you can't come back to read my blurbs, Ramadan Mubarak!!! Much love and kisses from me and my family to you and yours....... :)

4 comments:

Maryam said...

Salaam sister

Hope to see you back before/after the month of Ramadan sister. Love your blog and btw I think it's a great idea to create a private blog for your kids.

Empress Anisa said...

Wa alaikum assalaam, Umm Kadhim!

InshaAllah, I'm going to really try to ake back here to jot a few lines before the holiday begins.... but that all depends on my offspring, the hubby and all the shopping that need to be done before Ramadan begins (nope, haven't done a thing yet...lol).

And one of my hubby's friends who lives about 3 hours from here is planning to visit us within the next few days with his VERY pregnant wife.... so I'll be playing hostess as well..... :)

Thanks for loving my blog!!! I tried to make it a real relfetion of me... and I think I succeeded.... and with the private blog, right now I'm in the "what exactly would I name it?" phase- got some ideas but nothing concrete.

Are you on Facebook? If so, inbox me your name so I can send you a request... that's my daily "blurb" spot..... :p

Michelle Therese said...

The world IS a crazy place so a private blog would be great. So sorry you can't be in New York for Ramadan :-(

I've been in and out of the hospital. My health is in the pits. But I had the abdominal scans you suggested and everything is normal and healthy! Except for my gallbladder which is damaged. Ouch.

Empress Anisa said...

Coffee: Yeah, I just don't feel comfortable with putting my kids "out there" so I think as soon as I figure out a name, I'll start one up.

The hubby wanted to be here so next year, I'll go home my sisters there!

Glad to hear the scans came back normal... have that gallbladder removed!!!! Take care of you and those babies..... :)