The daily chronicle of my family as we embark on our quest to relocate from New York to Cairo... the impending journey to get there and the daily lives of myself, my husband and our four children... and other random thoughts while living in Cairo!

Looking to make contact with other Muslimahs who are like myself with small children living or will be living in a foreign country.

I invite you to share the experience with us as we try to make this happen!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Checking up... and in!



Salaam Alaikum, people and hello to everyone else out there in the world... I'm passing through as the Man (the hubby) as given me an assignment to do which requires some time being spent on Blogger... so what's a better time to hit you all up with a blurb about my life!


So..... I'm currently searching for a new school for the brood.... totally NOT satisfied with the establishment they've been in for the last 3 years... things change and the best teachers there have since moved on so I need to find a better school, a decent school where my kids can get what they need both secular and Islamically (which no easy task here). A zillion schools and a whole bunch of issues in about 99% of them!!!! It's a daunting task but it must be done.... hopefully I can be be successful in finding "the one".......

What else,...... let's see- of course, the babies aren't babies anymore, the Naughty Princess, Big Papi, Little Papi and Papito are 7,5,3 and 2 respectively- wasting no time!!! And it's that time again to plan their new yearly ritual of a themed party after the school year ends- their reward for their hard work and studying all year... so this year's theme is princess and pirates.... let the costume search begin! It's the least I can do for the poor things.... they have no real time to play and hang like how we used to growing up so I try to make up for it by doing something with/for them every month... they most definitely deserve it!!!! It should be (I hope) a better party this year as I intend to invite Big Papi's entire KG class, Little Papi's Baby class group and the Naughty Princess is "selective" (slightly tilted upwards nose) with her friends so whomever she decides is attending shall be there..... lots of kids, running and screaming so I chose a nice huge park with a big kiddie playground for them to go crazy in... can't wait myself... a nice fish pond, play area along with camel and horse riding... hopefully it can bring a smile to their faces, Insha'Allah!

Life has been very busy but good, Alhamdulillah, so I can't complain about anything.... I look forward to end of this academic year and I hope to pursue a few things of my own now that the brood is getting big.... I need personal fulfillment now in other areas to be more pleased with myself- I look forward to the challenge and making it happen!

Hope to have another "mental break" sometime soon so I can check back in again.... but if I don't get a chance, everyone be safe and happy and do random acts of kindness towards your fellow brothers/sisters!!!!



No comments: