The daily chronicle of my family as we embark on our quest to relocate from New York to Cairo... the impending journey to get there and the daily lives of myself, my husband and our four children... and other random thoughts while living in Cairo!

Looking to make contact with other Muslimahs who are like myself with small children living or will be living in a foreign country.

I invite you to share the experience with us as we try to make this happen!

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A DiStUrBiNg Post Every Mother Should Read


I was catching up last night on my daily blog readings and I came across this post (click here) by our gracious sister, Habayeb, over at A Learning Muslimah.

Her post included this link that I feel ALL MOTHERS should click and read- carefully and slowly... this could affect ANY of our children and what some of us may learn, could mean the difference between harm or intervention.

As a current Mother of three, I know this has to be one of the most feared thing by many parents... I know it plays heavily on my brain, especially when your offspring is VERY young like mine. We could NEVER be too cautious- let's all be diligent in protecting our children from evil, InshaAllah (Ameen).

12 comments:

Mona Zenhom said...

Thanks for the link...I commented there. You're right its important for all mothers. No one can say "it wouldn't happen to MY kids"

Empress Anisa said...

Mona- yes... this is my ONE great fear of this world- I heard sooo many horror stories over the years and when you have your own, those things take on a WHOLE new meaning- words can't describe my rage sometimes when I read about sick things like this- why rob an innocent child of their hapiness and feeling of safety and security?

I've always said, even if you don't wanna pay for it, there are sooo many women out there WILLING to give it away, there's no need to attack a child. But for most, it's not about the sex, it's all about the demented deviance... bastards.

BMW said...

Asaalamu Alaikum,
I read that post on MuslimMatters and I believe that it is very important that it is being brought up. It is one of the many ills in our community. May Allah protect our children from such awful things. I am just so angry that some mothers will deny what it happening to their children when they seek them out for help. Ya Allah!

Hope all is well with you and the kiddos :)

-Ihssan

Empress Anisa said...

Ihssan- I know... can you imagine some poor child trying to reveal this to their Mom, only to be shot down with "you're lying!" or worse? Subhanallah....

Me and the troops are well, Alhumdulillah... we all had very bad colds but are well now... spent the last few days finishing up some last minute stuff here- I be outta here on Thursday, InshaAllah! Please pray for us and keep us in your duas!

Hijabee said...

Subhanallah! This is so sad especially when it happens in muslim countries! May Allah protect our children.

Happy Muslim Mama said...

Assalam-alaikam,

Like you I am very conscious about such things, because of this I have got my kids in the habit of talking to me about everything they have done that day and I ask every day how they are feeling and if things are okay with them.

I saw this post on Sister Habayeb's blog, I know that this happens amongst Muslims, what I can never beleive is when the parents don't believe the child, that is just so heart-breaking.

May Allah safeguard our little ones insh'Allah.

Hajar Alwi said...

Sadly, I have heard of such occurrences whereby the details of each story revealed are exasperating. The fact that some does it for the 'fun' of it, is illogical.

Umm Hasan said...

come and choose an award! http://o0ummhasan0o.blogspot.com/2009/02/companions-award-tag-check-in-here.html

Yasemin said...

Insh'allah may there be better laws to protect children in Muslim countries. May we do whatever it takes for these sweet innocents, for they are our future. Ameen.

Umm Omar said...

Ameen, Ameen, Ameen to your duaa. Thank you for posting about this. We really need to start speaking up about this topic and start eradicating this disease from our ummah.

Francesca Najea Lujan said...

AS-SALAAMU-ALAIKUM SIS. ANISA,
I MISS YOU SOMETHING TERRIBLE!!! DO I HAVE FLY TO EGYPT AND FIND YOU???
YOUR SISTER,
NAJEA

HF said...

Girllllll where art thou!!!! Have u shifted to a new house/state/country or something and bizzy? Hope u and the family is good insha'allah! take care, hope to hear from u soon. lotsa love!